[HLUG] Document freedom Day March 28, 2012

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 11:01:49 UTC 2012

At the Jan HLUG  meeting we discussed what we would be doing (if
anything) for Document Freedom Day this year.
last year we put on an event at allsaints on the saturday but it was
decided that as this takes quite a bit of organising and people power to
run it which may not be possible this year. So we decided to look at an
event on the day itself which is weds 28 march (coincidently the hlug
meeting day).
If we want to have a dedicated meeting in the evening with a speaker and
invite councillors/businesses etc it's going to cost at least £40 - £60
for the cheapest room hire plus we will have to publicise the event.
There is the possibility of hiring the woolhope room in hereford library
(seats around 30 people) between 12noon and 2pm for £20, which we could
have for a formal meeting or maybe use as a drop-in and give out
open/libre-office copies.
Or just dedicate the normal HLUG meeting to open formats.
What do people think ?

--
Sarah