[HLUG] A couple of ink cartridges and a data transfer problem

Dr Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 14:17:14 UTC 2012

Hi everybody

     Have just come across a couple of unopened Canon Inkjet cartridges
1xBCI-3eBK and 1xBCI-3eC which I will send with pleasure to anyone who
can use them.

     Second is more interesting but I would really appreciate some help.
Am trying to reclaim residual data from old hard drives using a IOMAH
USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter with Ubuntu 10.04. No problem with
relatively recent drives but am stuck with a Fujitsu M2611T 45MB 3.5"
IDE drive circa 1992 probably previously running Widows 3.1 (presumably
FAT16). Was OK in its box and starts up smoothly in the adapter but I
just can't get Ubuntu (or Windows 7) to recognise it.

     It doesn't show up with $lsubs (or anything else as far as I can
see) and it feels like some kind of failure of data exchange between the
old drive and the new USB requirements. Short of putting the drive back
in its box and copying off data with floppies are there any other
possibilities Trinity Kit maybe or are some drivers needed? - most
reports seem to suggest drivers would not be needed.

Many thanks