[HLUG] ISFD - update

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 09:02:21 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

following the meeting last night we are now looking for people to
volunteer their time for ISFD.
We are going for a family focussed theme this year -
Kevin demo'd tuxedu running on a Raspberry PI at the meeting last night
and we will be running Raspberry PI workshops at ISFD
so if you own a RP and want to come along and demo it or help run the
workshops please let us know.

We do need help in the run up to ISFD and on the day - it's HLUG's main
event of the year and a great way to get info about LInux and Open
Source out to the general public in Herefordshire so if you are willing
to give us some time on the 15th please put your name down in the people
section of the pirate pad http://piratepad.net/xvthlXqxA2

It's a very informal event in a lovely setting and we do get a whole
range of people dropping in from general users, to business people in
search of software.
Our time is spent explaining what Open Source software is and answering
questions which range from the basics through to some very technical and
geeky queries, so whatever level of knowledge you have - we will put it
to good use.

You can follow what we are doing on the pirate pad where you will find a
basic outline of tasks and watch the day develop - we try to keep the
main discussions off list so you don't get bombarded by minutia - but if
you want to get involved just email Julian or myself offlist and/or add
yourself onto the Pirate Pad.

let's make it another great event

--

Sarah