[HLUG] HLUG: Future Presentations

Peter Oakes p.c.oakes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:13:06 UTC 2013

All,

Enjoyed the last HLUG meeting and presentation by Ben. Julian has asked me
to forward my offer for a tutorial/demo/presentation on IP tables in one of
the future HLUG meetings. I'm unsure if this topic has been covered before
in the past, but if there is interest then I'm more than happy to give a
presentation with some hands on with Linux, specifically IP Tables/firewall
configuration, running through an example (using VMs), why its important
(configuring servers i.e. raspberry pi), some background on IP tables, the
CLI tools available (i.e. testing connections).

I've also received a copy of a presentation a colleague gave to the
Birmingham LUG in Nov 2012, covering SSH, DVCS, amongst other areas which
is at an advanced level, but could be of interest to HLUG. If anyone is
interested then I can provide the presentation slides. I also know someone
who sits on the Python Software Foundation, again this is a topic (Python)
that I could cover if there is some interest.

I noticed that the Herefordshire LUG website isn't accessible, various
permission errors via apache are displayed. Anyone else experiencing the
same problem?

Regards

Pete