[HLUG] Geoff's email

Pete info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Thu May 30 10:03:00 UTC 2013

Hi Gang, and Geoff Bagley in particular -

This has arrived in my inbox. I believe it's a scam based on a hacked
webmail account.

Hello!

I'm sorry you're getting the mail from me at this Point in time,my
family and I came down here to Manila (Philippines), for a short
vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we
stayed,all cash credit cards and cell were stolen off  but luckily for
us we still have our passports with us. I have been to the embassy and
the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight
leaves pretty soon from now but we're having problems settling the hotel
bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the
bills.Please be so kind to reply back so I can tell you what to do and
how to get  some cash to us.

I'm freaked out at the moment.

GEOFF.

Just in case no one else has reported on it ;)
Enjoy your travels,
Pete