[HLUG] Website meeting

Phil Wood phil at pwood.net
Mon Nov 11 16:01:55 UTC 2013

Hi Julian

I should be available both evenings though i've not used Google hangout
before.

Could we not use the new website itself as the means of communication.
Presumably the search engines know nothing about the url it is using at the
moment so the only visitors will be ones who have been told where it is.
Set it so that people cannot register themselves, they have to be set up by
someone who is already an admin.
Set up those who want to be involved as admins and set up a first post
inviting people to introduce themselves and what experience, interests etc.
they have. This could be done through comments or by editing the post
itself, which admins can do.
We could then create some static pages to discuss the various tasks that
need to be done.

I know it sounds an odd way to go about it but I think it could work and it
would be fun to try. If it all ends up a mess we can always reinstall
WordPress and start again. But in the process we will all have learned
something.

What do you all think?

Phil