[HLUG] Herefordshire Digest, Vol 1652, Issue 1

Kevin Dontenville kevin at opensure.net
Fri Nov 29 12:27:07 UTC 2013

Hi all

The holding page was there as I guessed the use of the membership plugin was related to protecting content during the development. It was set so Admins could login and see the site, so if you were not an admin then you would not see it - the setting is configurable so other roles could see if desired ;-) Bit irrelevant if people think it is not useful but I mention it for completeness as most groups seem to like to be able to test things out without being under scrutiny or inviting spam attacks etc.

You can use whatever images are available to use under the correct licenses/copyright/left in pretty much any location you like!

Wordpress is a very powerful tool so I would suggest people have a general think about how the group wants to use the site and allocate some attention to the key areas, static information, events, membership, collaboration, news, forums, FAQs, fund raising, sponsorship, projects, hacks, etc etc.

Let me know if there are any problems or q uestions.