[HLUG] Website and meeting 23rd

Phil Wood phil at pwood.net
Thu Oct 24 11:36:15 UTC 2013

Paul has a good point - what do want to create and then how are we going to
do it.

I agree we should try and make it educational. Some of us oldies who used
to teach are still keen to learn.

I think we need to start as simply as possible and get as many people
involved as we can.

I see the site as a multi author blog. Anyone who 'joins' gets a login and
can create posts and comment on them.

Could we use a subdomain of hlug.ork.uk such as demo.hlug.org.uk to point
to the new site while we get it going? If we start with something very
plain with a simple template the first posts could be discussions on how we
go about shaping the site and what we want to have on it. Anyone who is
interested could be made an administrator, as long as we communicate to
coordinate who is doing what. I know a fair bit about WordPress but I'm
sure that some of you know lots more, and quite a few of us would like to
know more.

As we get content on the site we can decide how to split it into categories
and create some areas of static content and add things like a calendar etc.
At some point we will hopefully want to remove the demo. from the domain
name and invite the rest of the world in.

Phil