[HLUG] SFD Event Today

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:44:34 UTC 2013

Hi Ben

Yes good idea. Because of some issues accessing the wifi there we didn't
record that many attendees. But I think we did well, even in the afternoon
at 3.30 we still had a few people around, So I estimate about same as last
year. From speaking to people it was apparent quite a few read about the
event from the Journal, some from the Hereford Times. A few saw the signs
outside. Last year we had more come in who were just visiting the city
shopping etc who saw our 'town crier', something we couldn't do this year.

All in all, as we had less resource to put into the planning of the event,
I am quite pleased it was as busy bas last year.

I do think we will need to spend longing sprucing up our collateral next
time, ie the banners, posters getting them updated. And newer CD's the ones
we were giving away were a couple of years old, mainly because Ubuntu's
free Ship-IT has been stopped, stopping our main supply of cd's.

But we had lots of goodies from Linux Format, which helped .. (thanks Pete
!)

So overall, good

We can discuss what went well, what didn't, and what can be tweaked at our
next meeting which is .... Wednresday ...

Julian