[HLUG] The death of Windows Xp

Steve Horsfield horsfield.steve at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:19:52 UTC 2014

http://gu.com/p/3z8ae

But governments are still paying for XP support. In my experience that is
not simply because they still need so many XP devices in use. It is usually
because they have something specifically written for an ancient piece of
software e.g. a very old version of Internet Explorer like IE6.  The key
question is why do government departments run so many systems that were
deliberately written to run only in legacy software.

We could be forgiven for expecting that government procurement guidelines
should mandate standards and known emerging standards that obviate that
need.

Steve Horsfield