[HLUG] Special event coming soon

George DiceGeorge dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:46:59 UTC 2014

you could have an event at my house
but broadband is very slow
and theres no public transport

[george]

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Robbins
Sent: Friday, 18 April, 2014 14:21
To: Herefordshire Linux Users Group
Subject: [HLUG] Special event coming soon

Hi

I've been thinking for a while that we need to get an event organised to
get things moving with the Lug a bit more before moving on to Software
Freedom Day in September.

Charlie - one of our newer lug members has kindly offered to do a talk or
some kind of event based on video editing/modelling with Blender and other
audio/visual open source tools relating to his work.

I hoped that Phil would be able to host a free of charge event at Hampton
Court as he previously said he would be able to help,  but is spending most
of his time down in Somerset so is no longer able to help unfortunately.

So we're back arranging a room at either the St John Ambulance Hall,  in
Hereford or the Kindle Centre near Asda in Hereford. I also hear that
Grange Court in Leominster has meeting rooms for hire but do not know if
these are available in the day,  will have to find out.

I would anticipate to hold it at the earliest in May, or possibly June, but
obviously to fit in with Charlie and the room hire.

If anyone knows anywhere else that we can hire a room,  or get a meeting
room with facilities for free please let us know.