[HLUG] question during wednesday's lug meeting answered ..

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Fri Apr 25 21:29:14 UTC 2014

I don't really know much about web development, to be honest. These days,
all the major CMS platforms are easy(-ish) to use, good SEO, responsive
themes are available, and so on. I think WordPress has the edge over
Joomla and Drupal for ease of day to day use (ie, editing text rather than
web design), and certainly there are some powerful plugins. If I were
starting a website from scratch today (which I wouldn't), I'd probably
use WordPress, but that's more a reflection of my experience using it than
a considered viewpoint. For the same reasons, I wouldn't use Joomla.
Drupal comes across as powerful but not so widely used. That isn't
necessarily a bad thing other than to observe that if you have a website
problem to solve, you're more likely to find that someone has already
solved it in WordPress.
--
Blog: http://goo.gl/iOwv1w

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."