[HLUG] How to replace grub boot on newer distro after installing another linux os.

Dave Winterton davidwinterton at snail-mail.net
Sat Jan 25 19:50:34 UTC 2014

Hi
Many thanks Julian I'm sure you are a mind reader as this was basically
what I was stuck on
In my case I want to duel boot Bodhi and Chakra but my 2nd distro
(bodhi) had 'control' of grub (1.99)
and I wanted back Chakra's stylist interface (and grub2)
But being linux there are usually more than 1 way of doing things and
this also works (at least for me)
and is all GUI on KDE desktop
go to system settings -- system administration-- startup and shut
down--- GRUB2 bootloader -- advanced -- install/recover bootloader --
-- and use the radio buttons to select the partition you want to load
from.
you will need to know the partition of course and type in your master
password four times in total
all the best David