[HLUG] Fwd: SuiteCRM 7.1 Release date announced

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:16:31 UTC 2014

Hi

I wouldn't normally make a recommendation but in this case can make an
exception.

Sugarcrm is an excellent CRM. But as the project has progressed,  it's open
source credentials have become less and less. Recently the new version 7.0
hasn't appeared as source unless you buy the commercial version.
The road map for when the source isn't clear either.
Some developers have decided enough is enough and forked it.  They plan to
keep the project so all modules will still be compliant.

The new project is called Suite CRM,  and new significant improvements have
been made already bringing it nearly on par with the commercial closed
source version of SugarCRM. I will be testing it soon myself.

Hope this helps someone..

Julian