[HLUG] Computers for Overseas

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:22:33 UTC 2014

Hi again Chris

Totally agree with what Pete says,  but where pc's are still needed
overseas,  you could try http://www.computers4africa.org.uk/ I think they
were in Hereford a few months back too.

Don't know much about them though.

Julian
Hi Everybody

Very sorry not to be getting to the meetings these days but night driving
has become a real problem - boring!!

My question for to-day is: Is there a best buy for a Charity that will take
oldish (say post 2000) functional machines for donation to Overseas
communities. The Executors for a chum of mine have got about 6-9 machines
that they would like to send to a good home.

And Jools, did you sort out the relationship between Mint and that Canon
Printer. I have a very unstable relationship between a Canon PIXMA 4500 and
Linux Mint 13 Maya - sometimes takes ages to start printing - loads of
whirring, prints a few lines sometimes with text in various formats and
colours, sometimes can't even turn the printer off other than at the wall.
Mostly works in the end but something is very obviously wrong - have tried
re-installing what drivers I could get hold of - no better result.

Thanks for any help

Chris