[HLUG] Make a note of the date - 18th June Next HLUG Special Event

brightfield at runbox.com brightfield at runbox.com
Fri May 16 11:23:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in putting the outline out for the event, I have been working away from home. The plan is as below.

Open source and the professional audio/visual environment.

Looking specifically at:

Blender as a video editor. Demonstration/workshop into, navigating the monster that is the UI, the basics of editing, simple transition effects, and settings for rendering.

Audio.
Ardour, Audacity how close is the experience to the proprietary software world?

Graphic Design,
Is it possible to make products that are on a level with their proprietary counterparts?

Which distros to consider.

Is it possible to replace the proprietary software totally?

What is holding many back from going permanently down this route?

I hope its something you will have interest in.

Smiles,
Charlie.