[HLUG] Archiving dead users email accounts

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 20:04:36 UTC 2014

Hello Keith

I was in a bit of a rush when I described the issue. ;-)

Yes imapsync isn't open source but there is this repo available
https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync where the code does appear to be open.

My other problem is that it may not be very easy to get the passwords for
these accounts but I guess as you suggest if I just tar and zip the mails
then the password is only required as and when if ever required

I will be using Symbiosis for the host with Bytemark to enable a fellow
member of staff to administer on occasion if required.

Quick question :- I was considering just using imapsync (which is a great
tool by the way) to copy the unused accounts and find a way to 'disable'
the accounts for now if possible but cannot see if this is possible. Any
thoughts ?

Thanks

Julian ( at the LUG meeting)