[HLUG] Software Freedom Day 2015 - Hereford 19th Sept

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 09:36:40 UTC 2015

Hi

Finally we have our venue booked, so we can at last start preparing and
organising our event. (I asked AllSaints nearly four weeks ago, and chased
them so not sure why they didnt get in touch)

Although Pete intended using the old 2013SFD etherpad, I managed to create
a new one for 2015, but keeping some of the old info as a reference, so we
can shortcut some of the work to do.

The Etherpad is here https://etherpad.net/p/HLUGSFD2015

Please use this to find out what needs doing, record what you've done and
see what else needs to be done (lots!)

We have our normal meeting on Wednesday evening, please attend if you want
to help on SFD ! We can get some of the organisation worked out then.

There really isn't very long but we will do our best, we have a great free
venue right in the absolute centre of Hereford, so its up ton us to make
the most of it now .

I've registered our Event on the main SoftwareFreedomday.org site, (which
is sooo confusing to do). Hopefully the map will show our event and team
shortly as its been completed.

Please let me know if you would like to demo something or do a talk, the
main theme will be around Raspberry Pi's .

Even if you are not very technical or new to the group or Linux, there's
lots you can do like publicity (ideas of previous promo we done in 2013),
social media or just putting up posters around your town/village.

To make a go of it we need as many people to help as possible, many hands
make light work as they say.

I will send a full mail out later about Wednesday