[HLUG] Vmware

Tim Spivey tim.spivey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 18:54:57 UTC 2015

Hello

More help required!

I downloaded the new Vmware viewer from
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VIEWCLIENTS_LINUX_34&productId=421&rPId=8149
and installed it (chmod the +x then executing it from a terminal). It all
seemed to go ok and I got a message saying that it was installed. The
problem is that it doesn't appear in any menu. I am running Linux Mint 17.
Can anyone help me locate the viewer? I tried repeating the install process
to see if I missed any instructions etc but I just got a message telling me
it was already installed. I didn't use the package manager as Vmware seems
to not figure in there.

I use (or will use) the viewer to connect to the virtual desktops at work
should I need to do so.

TIA (thanks in advance)

Tim