[HLUG] Linux Presentation Day 2016.1 in UK / Herefordshire

Hauke Laging hauke.laging at linux-presentation-day.de
Sun Apr 3 14:35:40 UTC 2016

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 3. April 2016, 15:19:49 CEST schrieb Julian Robbins:

> We will be putting on an event but it will be quite small

that is not a problem at all. The whole strategy is to reverse the current
situation: Few big events, each once per year, have not really improved the
Linux presence on the desktop. Now we have two huge events per year which
consist of many small and even tiny events. In Germany we had events which
were organised by a single person (even without helpers during the event).

A small event is much better than no event at all in a city or region. A small
event gives you the chance to find more helpers (and even sponsors or a better
room) for future events. And next time you can say that you do this *again*.

I assume as a small group you do not have a big budget. To get this started it
is possible that we support you with some money for printing posters and
stickers.

CU

Hauke
--
Hotline für den Linux Presentation Day: tel:+49-30-55579620 (13–23 h)
    mobil: tel:+49-176-74827253 (13–23 h)

XMPP (Chat mit OTR): linux-presentation-day at jabber.ccc.de
   OTR: 91626899 1C06F2BD 75EC2441 35C696CE 38F75997