[HLUG] January HLUG Meeting TOMORROW (Weds)

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:45:56 UTC 2016

Hi Steve

Good to hear from you again.

Interesting comments you make. Ubuntu and Mint nowadays have separated
quite a bit so that although the deb packages and general instructions can
be used for both, actual operation on hardware can differ.

Was it the proprietary nvidia graphics driver that caused the problems or
the open source one ? The open source one I've found is less buggy but not
quite as fast.
I use Intel chipsets and graphics (or open source drivers) so haven't seen
any issues with graphics for a long while.

Hope to see you at a meeting sometime again  perhaps ?

Julian