[HLUG] March Herefordshire LUG Meeting - This Weds 23rd

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:23:18 UTC 2016

Hi again everyone

Our March LUG meeting will be Wednesday night at 7.30pm, usual place the
Courtyard in Hereford on the mezzanine floor. Hope we can get a good number
at the meeting.

If you have been on our list but haven't attended a meeting yet, or you've
been unable to attend for a while, or met our group during our SFD event
we'd be very pleased to see you. We don't bite ;-)

The meeting will start at roughly 7:30pm as usual.

*Meeting Topic - Linux Presentation Day arrangements and usual chat*

The Linux Presentation Day event will be on April 30th so time is moving
on. If we want to have more attendees than last year's Software Freedom
Event we will need to do more marketing to get our message out.

The exhibition space is booked and all arranged at All saints, but there is
still plenty to do to make a successful event. The etherpad page
<http://board.net/p/hlugsfd2013>I put on last week, hasn't seen much action
as yet. This is where we can put all the notes on what we've done so far,
what else needs doing, and other arrangements to be done.

Please can anyone wanting to help out beforehand or on the day (or both !),
please come along on Wednesday night so we can start putting some details
onto what we need to do. The promotion needs to be started early,
especially if we want to get some free publicity in the Linux magazines etc
as they have press dates to make. We might be able to get some freebies too
if we ask nicely as we have done in previous years.

Otherwise we also need to start putting together some idea of roughly what
the event will consist of and this info (usually about 1/2 a side of A4 can
be used in any marketing blurb  to other lugs , schools, social media to
similar minded groups, Hereford Times etc

So please add your ideas of what you think we can/and should do at the
event and what you can help with on the Etherpad link ie
http://board.net/p/hlugsfd2013 (yes it is an old one, being reused)

The Courtyard has free fast wifi and serves lovely coffees, and there is
level access to all public areas of the building. You can find directions
to The Courtyard, Edgar Street, Hereford, HR4 9JR here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=8198539616210862916&q=courtyard&...

The Courtyard has pay and display parking adjacent and free parking a short
walk away.

I'll see you all there on Weds evening as usual

Regards