[HLUG] Solus Linux / ERPNext

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 23:15:43 UTC 2017

Hi

I've been reading great things about Solus linux but when I try to test it
in a Virtual machine in either Virt Manager or Virtual box I get issues
with it. It runs a bit further in Proxmox but still have a number of issues
where the live user is logged out quicker than the screen can update in the
live session.

Anyone managed to get this running and what were your impressions ? It
sounds so promising I really want to try it but not getting much joy ..

Also I've been keeping tabs on a lesser known ERP system called ERPNext
developed wholely as proper open source by an Indian company mainly. Its
shaping up a s terrific set of applications to run a small business system
with a simple to use demo and Virtualbox test VM too. Well worth a look
especially as Odoo is not strictly a wholely FLOSS application nowadays
sadly ...