[HLUG] connecting to internet

Roy mail at roymeddings.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 16:44:18 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,Can anyone help me to connect to the internet.I have Lenovo thinkpad X61s, with Ubuntu 14.4 LTSThe router that I was connected to has packed up.There is BT fibre to my desktop and i would like to get a wireless connectionfrom there to Lenovo.If i go into 'System settings' then 'Network and then Wireless',
there is the old router settings under 'wireless hotspot'I've CK'd around but cannot find how to change the settings.It tells me to sw-off to connect to a wireless network, I've Sw-off the buttonbut nothing comes for putting another on.HELP
 Regards, Have a nice day.

Roy
Mail at roymeddings.co.uk