[HLUG] Herefordshire Digest, Vol 2050, Issue 1

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:50:12 UTC 2017

Well I think there are some better alternatives to email now with some of
the excellent chat applications as Kevin suggests including Rocket Chat
which is similar and again Open source

It may be we can come up with something that can track the emails against
threads better whether you are using normal or digest mode and additionally
provide email notifications for those that prefer them.

For example Frecycle always used to use a mailing list similar to ours but
now has moved over to a web application whee you get more added value with
the application in terms of searching for items links photos etc. But it
still is able to send an email notification with the web link so in
operation is not so different to before in terms of what users see with
emails they receive

Look forward to seeing everyone later at the meeting.  Let's have a good
turnout for a change ...

Julian