[HLUG] HLUG Meeting tonight roundup

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 23:10:12 UTC 2017

Hi

Many thanks to all who turned out tonight, I reckon we had ten people at
the meeting which is a big improvement of previous months.

It's late so i'll keep it short.

For the benefit of others who couldn't make it tonight:-

We discussed possible different meeting venues, esp for demos, workshops
etc. There were a few ideas and suggestions I've asked anyone with a
possible venue idea to ask the venue concerned and report back to the
mailing list with what they discover. Otherwise we can use The Grange in
Leominster as before or places in Hereford.

Possible Topics considered for the next workshop/talk event which will be
soon, ie June/July.

   -

   Nextcloud and router set-up, home storage accessible at home or web
   -

   Tomato firmware router
   -

   Pete is happy to give a talk on securing a linux pc, etc for home users
   -

   Encrypted communications, Signal. Chat, etc
   -

   ERPNext

We're looking for other ideas but these are the starting topics that Julian
and Pete have said they are happy to give as talks or interactive workshop
sessions . Other topics or presenters welcomed

We also discussed the use of different applications instead of the  current
long standing mailinglist for group chat/discussions etc . Wire was
suggested by Kevin before the meeting. There's a few others that can be
looked at and see if they fit our needs better than what we currently have
ie mailman email list

And last but not least welcome to Alexandra who joined our mailing list &
who came along again tonight ..