[HLUG] Use of other tools instead of mailing list for the group

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 23:20:13 UTC 2017

Hi

I've tested Wire <https://wire.com/> a bit as per Kevin's suggestions and I
like it. I need to delve deeper, but I don't know how it would deal with
archives of conversations in the group that we should have nor some form of
email notification setup.

There are of course many tools out there many FLOSS ones for this type of
purpose so a few more to consider too perhaps.

It may be that we stay with our mailing list that has been very stable and
reliable but I think its worth at least evaluating some alternatives.

There hasn't been any feedback from the group on the proposed Workshop
topics I mentioned a couple of days back ...