[HLUG] Mail Scanner Open Source mail gateway scanner

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:35:16 UTC 2017

Hello

Many, many years ago, ie back around 1998-2002 I would guess I used to use
MailScanner at my company to filter mail and viruses. It was always very
good, and didn't let much through but a bit heavy duty for a small company
to use with limited Linux resources.

https://www.mailscanner.info

There is now an easier to install option called Mail Border although this
is not wholly FLOSS.
https://www.mailborder.com/

I can't recall why we left MailScanner but I'm wondering if it might be a
sensible introduction again where I work.  Is it any better then just using
SpamAssassin/Clam etc by itself?

I'm just wondering if anyone uses it or has any more recent experience of
uisng it ?

Thanks