[HLUG] Fonts in Mint

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:19:49 UTC 2018

Hi Pete

Hmm odd. I use Mint but with Cinnamon and haven't see this problem.
Likewise I also use Manjaro but with KDE and installed some new fonts just
this week.

I think you can *install* fonts just by copying them to a specific path
under /use/local etc
But you will have to check exactly what the path is.

Otherwise another option is to wait until Mint 19 is out (about a month)
and upgrade as it will use a base of Ubuntu 18.04. This will likely fix the
problem because so many of the base library files are upgraded it will
almost certainly fix the problem you've experienced.

Hope this helps
Julian