[HLUG] New Year Linux Plans?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:24:45 UTC 2019

Hi Roy

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Bit of an odd one this.

Firstly, make sure you rule out anything silly with passwords - we all do
it, ie i swear it used to be XXX !! Check you don't have numlock on too.
Also I have seen linux distros that have been set to US region and keyboard
and then when we type a uk £ sign we get a # symbol and and @ key is
something else again.

If you've been really unlikely this may possibly have happened, so if you
use any odd chars like these in your login passwd it may be the reason.

Once you've ruled out anything like this we'll have to get you in Linux
Single user mode and reset the password from there instead.

Please remind us what Distro and vers you're using

Thanks and we'll see if we can help

Julian