[HLUG] Buyer's anger at Herefordshire broadband roll-out

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:20:42 UTC 2019

Well spotted George

To be fair to the council much of the problem is also down to BT deciding
that apart from the town's and Hereford that fibre installation just isn't
worth it.

Also what I've seen the council are fairly active in trying to get the
fibre provision up.

The biggest problem is the postcode lottery and lack of detailed info from
Fastershire and Gigaclear. Gigaclear don't provide accurate timescales as
they caught a major cold with fibre installation in Devon and were a year
or more behind. From my understanding a local company are doing much of the
dig work and appreciate the local road and land layout better. I've
certainly seen a lot of cable laying going on in Canon pyon a4110 and
Mortimer's cross towards Shobdon and many other places too.

The info on Fastershire is often out if date though. At least the southern
part of Leominster mentioned in the comment of the article is getting a
fibre cabinet as I was involved in the campaigning for this and at last
it's going ahead and funded.

Julian