[HLUG] Jitsi

Ceri Williams hlug at incoming-email.co.uk
Mon Dec 21 13:07:31 UTC 2020

If you can use Docker then this might be the fastest way for you to
debug: https://github.com/jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet

Some extra info in the docs:
https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-docker

I might be able to set up a public instance one evening if you can't use
a container.

Cheers,

Ceri

21 Dec 2020 12:21:44 pl via Herefordshire
<herefordshire at mailman.lug.org.uk>:

> Hi Gang,
>
> Looking for a jitsi nija. Yesterday I was sent a link to a jitsi
conversation and tried to open it in my browser. All I got was a blank
(black) field in a normal Firefox window. Tried all the usual like
stripping off the tracking codes from the link (it came via the spook),
emptying cache and refresh etc. Made no difference.

> Running Mint kde, firefox with pop up blocker and camera and mic set to
always ask- none of these presented any dialogue boxes (as for example
the spook's messenger does to enable a voice call).

> Anyone here running an example of jitsi server, or able to set up a
jitsi playpen for trialing solutions.