[HLUG] Jitsi

pl info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Mon Dec 21 12:21:26 UTC 2020

Hi Gang,

Looking for a jitsi nija. Yesterday I was sent a link to a jitsi
conversation and tried to open it in my browser. All I got was a blank
(black) field in a normal Firefox window. Tried all the usual like
stripping off the tracking codes from the link (it came via the spook),
emptying cache and refresh etc. Made no difference.

Running Mint kde, firefox with pop up blocker and camera and mic set to
always ask- none of these presented any dialogue boxes (as for example
the spook's messenger does to enable a voice call).

Anyone here running an example of jitsi server, or able to set up a
jitsi playpen for trialing solutions.
Or any suggestions for something I'm not seeing at hardware or software
level.

MTIA

Pete H@