[HLUG] New year's update & Lineage 14.0 to 16.0 upgrade possible?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:16:02 UTC 2020

Hi everyone and a happy new year to you all.

I meant to send a new year greeting around new year but hey ho didn't
manage it but better late than never.

I'm hoping we can get more Linux and Open Source events going this year,
and am looking at getting something organised in a couple of months time to
start with. If anyone has any topics they would like to see please let us
know and we'll see what we can do

On another matter, I have a phone running Lineage 14 that I need to get
flashed to lineage 16. But can I flash directly to 16, or do I need to
flash 15 on first? I would imagine it would not matter, but wondered if
anyone knows for sure or can shed any light on this?

Perhaps we can have a workshop on installing opensource firmware like
Lineage on your Android phone to allow older phones that no longer get
upgrades to be useful again and also to free your devices from the clutches
of Google..

cheers