[HLUG] Spool Cloud Hub - special freebie

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 07:13:56 UTC 2021

Hi everyone

You might have heard of me mentioning the new killer Spool cloud desktop
system spoolme.com  that NobleProg, the company I'm working for will be
launching in the next month or so. It's the culmination of nearly 18 months
of work to come up with the idea and build it from scratch.

To give you an idea of exactly what it is here's something I lifted from
the website.

Spool Hub
>From your hub you can access your cloud desktop, build customised
workspaces, add contacts to your network, chat and set workspace events. In
short, manage your working day from here.

Spool is secure, it’s non-invasive and it enables real interactive working
on any application on your cloud desktop.

Now what does this have to do with Linux I hear you say: well almost all of
the underpinnings are built with Linux and Open Source technologies. I
believe there is a Windows version of the cloud desktop too but I haven't
tried this myself.

You can also install any normal Ubuntu software within the Cloud desktop ie
the Gimp, Kdenlive, Blender, Libre Office etc, etc and just use wherever
you wish.

Currently Spool is still in beta with a free sign up in any event.

If you sign up at https://app.spoolme.com/sign-up you will have free access
until late August.

As an added extra just for our LUG that I've managed to wangle, if you also
email Ben at ben at spoolme.com he can identify you as part of our LUG and
then provide with you an extended free trial coupon before Spool moves to a
subscription service.

So give it a go and try the free beta service
at https://app.spoolme.com/sign-up .. you have nothing to lose and
something fun to play with.

Any feedback on Spool is also very kindly welcomed.

Incidentally, I use DaDesktop, DaDesktop.com  which was also developed at
NobleProg, as my daily work system. This is a simpler cloud desktop using
either KVM or LXC for virtualisation which is used as the underpinnings of
both the remote training system we offer and of the Spool system itself.

All interesting stuff !! Please get in touch if you would like to know more.

Thanks