[HLUG] September meeting to be held next Weds 29th

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:27:58 UTC 2021

Hi all

Trust everyone is well?

Normally this Wednesday would be our LUG meeting, but as I'll be away this
week we'll make it next Wednesday instead. Didn't want to miss two in a row.

I'll post an update on our website about this.

Would be good to know what everyone is doing with Linux and Open Source at
the moment?

I'm still busy with my new job with virtualisation, ie  KVM and LXC and
also looking at bringing in a new communications platform to replace Skype.
We very much prefer Open Source tools so best option out of those I've
looked at so far is Matrix.org using the Element application. Matrix is a
decentralised secure communications tool, now being used by the French,
German and UK governments amongst others.

Also we're looking for an application sort of like a web enabled MS  Access
for non programmers to build mini sites based on existing database content.

Still looking at this but my colleague found Budibase.com which looks like
it'll fit the bill. Worth investigating if you haven't seen it before. The
company behind this is based in Northern Ireland, bit different to silicon
valley ..

Thanks