[HLUG] Etherpad and servers

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:53:49 UTC 2024

Hi Pete

Good to hear from you again!

Sorry that your team is having problems accessing the riseup.net servers,
this does happen and it's not always at all easy to get these sorts of
restrictions lifted.

Couple of points :-

   1. I'm sure there's plenty of other Etherpad servers that your team can
   reach, you may want to Google and try a few. Although I appreciate you may
   have the same issue as before unless everyone can test access.
   2. You could try https://framapad.org - it's the same as Etherpad but
   just hosted by Framapad. May be a better less restricted option maybe?
   3. If I had time I'd set something up for you, but I just don't really
   have the time these days ... sorry. If I could find an easy to setup
   option, may be worth doing like on Cloudiron perhaps,
   https://www.cloudron.io/button/org.etherpad.cloudronapp.html ? This
   would be quick, but still needs a VPS setting up to host on.

Hope this helps a bit ...

Anyone else want to help Pete?

Thanks

Julian