[Herts] STMP AUTH for Relaying

Bob Brown bob at guru.net.nz
Mon Nov 17 13:35:41 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I think I'm on the right track - not too sure though so I would appreciate
some pointers (if there are some).  I'm trying to configure sendmail with
SASL support so that I can use it as a mail relay for authenticated users
only.  I have been following the steps on
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html and I have got to the point
where I am being asked for a username/password combination when sending
email but nothing I enter is being accepted.  I just had a horrible thought
that all the good work I did last night reading about and installing Cyrus
SASL was the wrong thing to do ... hopefully not!

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong
way.

Cheers,

- Bob -

--