[Herts] Interesting debate

Geoff Pitt geoff_pitt at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 26 22:43:03 GMT 2004

Hiya

This strikes a note - been reading the register today.  As an NHS employee at the IT end, I read the following article with interest:

 HYPERLINK http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/35091.html http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/35091.html	(check the link while you're there)

Also posted today:

 HYPERLINK http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/35098.html http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/35098.html

I'm ot a big conspiracy theorist myself as such; after all coincidences do happen, so "Bill Gates KBE (Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire)" must be the saviour of the third world, beaudacious chicks, whales, all rain forests, fluffy bunnies, and planet earth. That's why he needs the money?

My rant is probably to the converted, but do look at the articles.  The NHS employs 1.2 million people and I've heard a quote that it's the third largest employer in the world after China's red army and India's railway network.  If all desktops were replaced with OS systems it would mean 800,000 people working without MS- like WOW!

Geoff