[Herts] Oracle on Linux?

Thorstein Thorsteinsson thorstein at thorsteinsson.net
Thu Jun 24 18:07:50 BST 2004

Since I'm going for an Oracle certification, it would be nice to have Oracle
installed at home for studying purposes. Running their install on Suse 9.1
gives an error that only UnitedLinux, and RedHat 3 & 4 (?) are supported
operating systems.

Anyone got any experience with this. As far as I can see UnitedLinux was
influenced by earlier versions of SuSE, but what is the status now? My current
plan is to try an install of Fedora Core 1 on which people out there seem to
have successfully installed Oracle. But would it work on Core 2 also?

Cheers,
Thorstein