[Herts] Oracle on Linux?

Neale Roberts neale at ndroberts.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 20:03:00 BST 2004

I recently installed Oracle 10g onto my Linux server running Fedora Core 1.
All you need to do to fool Oracle is the following:

# cp /etc/fedora-release /etc/fedora-release.orig
# echo "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon)" >
/etc/fedora-release

Oracle then thinks it is installing on RedHat Enterprise 3. I had no further
installation problems and after it is installed you can restore the original
fedora-release file.

Regards,
Neale