[Herts] Herts LUG Meeting Wednesday 11th October.

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Tue Oct 3 11:49:03 BST 2006

On Monday 02 October 2006 21:31, Paul Dixon wrote:
> If there's no other takers, I'd be happy to demo any aspect of
> www.geograph.org.uk. Technical stuff I can wax lyrical about include
> * Hardware setup - what technologies we've used for the 5 servers
> which run the site
> * Application software - how we've used PHP, MySQL, ADODb, Smarty and
> other technologies to build the application
> * Use of Creative Commons / GPL licences
> * Organisational and social aspects - who uses the site and how, how
> we get funding, other random stuff that comes to mind :)

Nobody else seems to have responded so I'll just say that I would be
interested in this.

> Can make it as short or as long as you like!

I would say that last month's was maybe a little long, but it was still
interesting. Total duration will depend on what technical issues arise and
how many questions come up.

> I'm a newcomer to the group so it would good opportunity for me to say
> "hi!". I came to the OSM talk last month but had to leave right
> afterwards without speaking to a soul :(

Did I get any money from you then? Nicolas needs to remind me to give him the
subs.

See you next week.