[Hudlug] linux + kubuntu + yahoo

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 06:55:37 UTC 2008

I have been trying to help a newbie, but he needs to use yahoo mail.  I don'[t
know ubuntu at all, but I don't think that's the problem.

I talked him through the normal setup of a mail client, but so far he's had no
success.  I suspect that the problem is that his authentication settings are
incorrect, and I'm wondering if anyone here knows what is needed.

This is the result of his latest efforts:

 I placed this in terminal allen at allen-laptop:~$ sudo fetchyahoo
[sudo] password for allen:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for allen:
No username specified.
Please enter your Yahoo! username: his_username(at)sbcglobal.net
Please enter your Yahoo! password: No mailbox or mailspool specified.
Please enter the path to and name of your mail spool or mailbox (eg
/var/spool/mail/username):

I'm going to be away for a couple of days, and wonder if anyone could help him
while I'm away.

Anne