[Infopoint] Mailing the BBC about Infopoints

Russ Phillips avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 17 15:42:25 BST 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:

> - Personal emails, similar to Kat's, sent to local BBC radio stations and
> "where I live" websites, where Infopoints are held

I'd suggest timing these to coincide with Infopoints. You never know, if
you give them enough time, they might even come along to see it!

> - a project press release, sent to BBC offices local to Infopoints and to
> News Online.

NewsForge ran an article on how to promote an open-source project a
while ago:
http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/04/04/07/1549228.shtml
It includes some notes about how to write press releases, among other
things.

Russ