[IoMLUG] Meetup soon? Any subjects to discuss?

Dan Wood mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 21:41:00 UTC 2017

Hi Tom,

Thanks for asking about the next meeting.
The July 1st meeting was smaller than previous meetings for some
reason. I know that you and a some other folks were away that weekend,
so it might just be bad timing.

We didn't make any plans about a next meeting, but one thing I did
notice is that most of the people who turned up are also fairly
regular attendees at the Wednesday evening "Tech Nights" held at STEAM
Lab. It probably makes sense for the next face to face IoMLUG meeting
to coincide with one of those. That would allow the Linux folks some
exposure to what goes on at Tech Nights, and it might also give some
of the non IoMLUG Tech Nights attendees a flavour of what the Linux
people are up to too.

For those who don't know, the Tech Nights (not sure if there's a more
official name!) are held on Wednesdays, 6pm-8pm at STEAM Lab in
Douglas and are a fairly informal affair where someone usually does a
presentation or live demo of something, followed by questions/chat. It
often gives way to a visit to a pub or two as the evening
progresses...

Recent topics have included: First steps with Django, Machine vision,
lock picking, build-your-own U2F token, pen-testing with WiFi
Pineapple and USB Rubber Ducky. so quite a varied programme really!

I'm sure there'd be interest in some cryptocurrency stuff if you
wanted to run a quick chat/demo/Q&A session on one of these nights.

Cheers,
Dan.