[Klug-general] Slow FTP in SuSE9.0

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 16:38:50 GMT 2004

Stuart Buckland wrote:

>Daft question but... have you checked the stats and port config on the
>switch.

All appears ok execept that the AS400 FDX light isnt on but even if
that's the problem (which is a problem on its own) it doesnt account for
the problem of the two SUSE versions taking differnt times to run an FTP.

My 9.0 box took about 18-20hrs to FTP around 2gb of data while my 8.0
box is currently comming in at 2hrs for just over 1.5gb so far. Not
quite right. I will check to see if I have this kind of problem at home
with the same distro, but I've not noticed it and I've been slinging
large anims/frame data across my network recently.

It's looking to be the NIC so I've got an update to the driver which is
a year on from the one with the distro and will try that. If still no
joy then I'll sling in a Netgear which I've never had a problem with.

Kev,

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution