[Klug-general] Crisis Meeting

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Wed May 18 07:44:43 BST 2005

George Prowse wrote:

>I think splitting the small group we have even smaller would just be
>sillyif we are getting 3-6 people each time whats going to happen when
>there are 3 LUGs around kent, thats 1-2 people in each one... No-one
>will go. Lets face facts here as well, 99.9% of people who use linux
>know what a LUG is and there just isn't the interest in Kent to start
>splitting the groups up.

I'm not saying split it up because I know what will happen, just move it
around a bit to give everyone a chance to come in.

But the fact that the LUG has been at Maidstone for 3+ years and the
numbers very rarely go above what was there the last time suggests to me
it's not working when there are around 60 on the mailling list.

OK we have lurkers and I dont mind about that but there are a few who in
the past have said they would come but cant get to Maidstone for
whatever reason.

Time to take a step forward. It might also mean the end of meets if this
goes wrong but it's not much better as it is.

Kev,