[Klug-general] Crisis Meeting

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Wed May 18 07:50:54 BST 2005

I'd love to come more often but the problem for me is that thursday
is mid week and that means work in the morning and i need my beauty
sleep.

The tyneside lug used to meet on sundays at a coffee bar (which
didn't really have much in the way of connectivity) but the sunday
made it pretty easy for everybody to get along. Car pooling is
probably the best bet for how to put together a good strong meeting
every month.

Also I think it would be a good idea to define topics for each
meeting, for instance getting hardware to work in linux, recently
I've had a battle with a conexant ADSL modem and came out victorious.
These kinds of strange hardware devices which are supported and will
become more widespread need a certain awareness of the technology
involved and as ADSL is a major limiting factor in linux (because of
the little support for out of the box modems) it would be good to
share knowledge like this and maybe even produce install guides for
the each of the distributions we use.

Regards,
Karl