[Klug-general] Shiny New Laptop

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 20 10:24:06 BST 2006

On Wednesday 19 Apr 2006 23:55, George Prowse wrote:
> Gentoo is about choice, choosing how you want your system to be built and
> how you want it to work and as such it is only for the enthusiast and
> professional.

Yes! I couldn't agree more George... and that's why I have it installed on all my servers for local businesses as well as 4 machines at home.

The more you put into Linux, the more you get out of it. I started with Red Hat 8 years ago, then went to Mandrake for my first full-time Desktop system and then took the plunge with Gentoo.

Gentoo is not for faint hearted, but worth the effort. It's my choice.

Quite simply... it rocks!

:-)

--
PAULLY
http://www.paully.co.uk

PS: If Gentoo didn't exist, I'd probably be on Debian.