[Klug-general] Re: Kent Digest, Vol 82, Issue 1

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 17:47:32 BST 2006

On 29/08/06, Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:

> The second problem is the press. It would be really great to get them
> to come along however you'd need to make sure it was very locally
> bias. Press releasing as the Kent Linux user group would be no good,
> you'd have to keep it spefic to a town. ie doing an install fest in
> Maidstone, for the people of Maidstone in a maidstone kinda way.
> You'd also have to make sure you gave them something good to
> photograph, no offence to anyone but a room full of geeks staring at
> their laptops just ain't gonna cut it. at the very least we'll need
> someone in a penguin suit

While I agree totally with this, but can't we do something. How about
standing in Central Maidstone shopping centre on a Saturday morning
doing it like many Charities do. Put a stand at the Dickens Festival
etc etc etc.
Had a long debate with GLLUG about this and they were thinking of
having a press officer and making press releases but then they are the
240 strong LUG in the City (Strangely enough nothing has happened yet)

Peter.